Cartridge Filter Systems
Pyrotek's Metaullics cartridge filter (MCF) system is recognized as a premium filtration method for high-value added end products such as?canstock, fine foil, litographic sheet and electronics. The MCF tube configuration creates a large amount of surface area with a minimal footprint, which allows a finer filter grade to be employed. This results in very high filtration efficiency compared to other filtration devices.
There are several "standard" tube configurations that are used for certain flow rate ranges. The flow rate is largely determined by the number of tubes. Coarse grits permit higher flow rates and high throughput for a given tube bundle assembly. Very fine grit sizes provide the highest filtration efficiency levels. Multiple tube arrays may be employed in a given MCF system in order to accommodate flow rate and filter life requirements. The finest grade filters are fully capable of removing virtually all particulates down to 5 microns.
The MCF uses a Pyrotek bonded particle filter (BPF?) media with alumina granules as its aggregate. Filter life will depend on many factors including incoming metal cleanliness, flow rate, alloy, number of tubes, filter grade and metal volume of each cast.
Typical features of an MCF system include:
- Outer steel shell
- Heated lid
- Customized placement of inlet/outlet and drain location based on customer requirements
- Precast refractory lining
- Backup insulation package
- Cartridge filter tube assemblies
- Standard power supply
- Heating elements
- Preheating system
Metaullics cartridge filters are available in standard tube bundle assemblies of MCF-5, 7, 14, 22, and 28.?Pyrotek offers other various design options and configurations engineered to meet customer-specific operational requirements.
- Maximize filtration surface area with minimal footprint
- World-class accepted technology for high quality casting
- Startup instantly with no conditioning or loss of production
- Multiple design configurations to meet customer process requirements
- Competes favorably with deep bed filtration systems
|824 Bonded Particle Filters EN||Datasheet||English|